“Your presentation was polished, professional and inspirational!”
– Kathleen Ennis, Western Canada Lottery Corporation
– Jeff Towers, Nortel
We regularly provide speeches, courses, and other public events that inspire: you can choose to register from our public schedule, or we’ll help you host a professional development or fundraising event tailored for your organization: if you wish to invite others to attend, we can help publicize it. David Berman personally and expertly presents each public keynote speech and course.
Our courses incorporate adult learning principles and activities appropriate to a variety of learning styles, and qualify for CEUs (certified by organizations such as PPAC).
“Creative… encouraging exchanges. David is a great speaker, making concepts more comprehensible.
– Beatrice Pollard, Forum of Federations, Ottawa
To register for a course hosted by David Berman Communications, register online or call (613) 728-6777.
Most popular keynotes
- Making The Planet Your Client: Designing Sustainability
David’s most famous presentation: visual communicators have way more power than they think: to do damage or to help repair the World. Which will you choose?
- Leaving No One Left Behind Online: e-accessibility without tradeoffs
Learn how accessibility can broaden your audience, drive down costs, and improve online search… while creating a better civilization.
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Web Sites
Learn the seven pivotal ideas that will help you get the outcomes you deserve from your Web presence.
- Designing With a Purpose: The Role of Strategy in The Creative Process (keynote)
David will show you his 10-step process to include strategy in every process, helping you get better outcomes for you and your client every time, through strategic design.
- Perfecting Your Web (& Print) Strategy (one- or two-day course)
One or two-day course on how to apply a proven step-by-step strategic process to get remarkable business results from any Web or print project.
- Developing Your Sustainable Project Strategy: Quadruple-Bottom-Line Design Thinking (one-day course)
David demystifies the complete design-thinking path to developing a plan to save money, lower stress, save time while yielding lasting outcomes for profits, people, planet, … and culture!
- Real-Time Ethics: Prospering through Principles (workshop)
Workshop on how to solve everyday ethical dilemmas in professional life by remaining in alignment with yourself, and focusing on your values.
- Certification (Accreditation) And Professional Codes of Conduct for Designers (keynote lecture)
Lecture describing the benefits and challenges of government certification for graphic designers.
- Greener Meetings: Professional Climate Change (keynote lecture)
Learn how and why to start designing greener events: it will save money, help heal the planet, and it’s easier than you think.
- Getting it Right the First Time: Proofreading and Content Quality Control (one-day course #7)
Gain a strong fundamental understanding of the value, principles and techniques of creating and maintaining accurate and consistent content quality control for Internet and print publishing.
- Principles of Graphic Design and Typography (one-day course #6) Course on how to influence your audiences on all channels, using excellent graphic design and the latest technologies.
- Seven Habits of Highly Profitable Design Firms (keynote lecture or course)
Learn how to implement the seven powerful techniques that distinguish the agencies that run profitable, smoothly, and energetically year-over-year.
- Deep Dive for Web teams
Go beyond the basics with this in-depth, hands-on course designed specifically for participants who are “in the trenches” with web technologies.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro for beginners (one-day) (customized for your group… or one-on-one coaching)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro for intermediate (two-day) (customized for your group… or one-on-one coaching)
- Adobe InDesign for beginners (one-day) (customized for your group… or one-on-one coaching)
- Adobe InDesign for intermediate (two-day) (customized for your group… or one-on-one coaching)
Reviewed December 13, 2021