“Your presentation was polished, professional and inspirational!”
– Kathleen Ennis, Western Canada Lottery Corporation
– Jeff Towers, Nortel
We regularly provide speeches, courses and other public events that inspire: you can choose to register from our public schedule, or we’ll help you host a professional development or fundraising event tailored for your organization: if you wish to invite others to attend, we can help publicize it. David Berman personally and expertly presents each public keynote speech and course.
Our courses incorporate adult learning principles and activities appropriate to a variety of learning styles, and qualify for CEUs (certified by organizations such as PPAC).
“Creative… encouraging exchanges. David is a great speaker, making concepts more comprehensible.
– Beatrice Pollard, Forum of Federations, Ottawa
To register for a course hosted by David Berman Communications, register online or call (613) 728-6777.
Most popular keynotes:
- Making The Planet Your Client: Designing Sustainability
David’s most famous presentation: visual communicators have way more power than they think: to do damage or to help repair the World. Which will you choose?
- Leaving No One Left Behind Online: e-accessibility without tradeoffs
Learn how accessibility can broaden your audience, drive down costs, and improve online search… while creating a better civilization.
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Web Sites
Learn the seven pivotal ideas that will help you get the outcomes you deserve from your Web presence.
Most popular courses:
- The New Standard on Accessibility: WCAG … Web, Office, InDesign, PDF / Web Accessibility Matters (course #8)
Learn how accessibility will broaden your audience, make your sites more useful for everyone, while complying with W3C WCAG, the new Standard On Web Accessibility, AODA, and the Section 508 refresh. Now covering WCAG 2.0 and 2.1! For every member of your Web team.
Variations on this course: This course is available as on overview, specific to Web development, or in these other variants, specific to accessible documents, accessible mobile, accessible eLearning, or accessible events…
- Accessible documents (PDF, Word, PowerPoint, InDesign…)
Learn how to make PDF accessible, from Word, Powerpoint, Excel, InDesign, Illustrator, Keynote, or Livecycle Designer/Adobe AEM Forms, to comply with W3C WCAG or PDF/UA. Now covering WCAG 2.0 and 2.1!
- Our half-day / full-day course on eAccessibility for the Revised Section 508 and ADA
- Our 1-day and half-day why-and-how courses in Accessible Word for Federal Public Servants for managers, designers, and everyone who contributes to your documents
- Our 1-day and half-day why-and-how courses in Accessible Word by Design for managers, designers, and everyone who contributes to your documents
- Our half-day course (or keynote) on Accessible InDesign to PDF for managers, designers, and everyone who contributes to your documents
- Our half-day course (or keynote) on Accessible PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro for managers, designers, and everyone who contributes to your documents
- Our half-day course (or keynote) on How to Test Websites for Accessibility for managers, designers, and everyone who contributes to your documents
- Our half-day course (or keynote) on How to Test PDF for Accessibility for managers, designers, and everyone who contributes to your documents
- Accessibility for Mobile, Tablet and Touch (course #12)
Learn how to make mobile apps and responsive products accessible.
- Accessibility and Instructional Design/eLearning: WCAG (course #10)
Learn how to make online courses accessible, delighting all learners. Now covering WCAG 2.0 and 2.1!
- Accessibility for Virtual Classrooms and Webinars: WCAG (course #11)
Learn how to make online events, virtual classrooms and presentations accessible. Now covering WCAG 2.0 and 2.1!
- More about accessibility training from David Berman Communications
- Accessible documents (PDF, Word, PowerPoint, InDesign…)
- Perfecting Your Web (& Print) Strategy (one- or two-day course #3)
One or two-day course on how to apply a proven step-by-step strategic process to get remarkable business results from any Web or print project.
- Developing Your Sustainable Project Strategy: Quadruple-Bottom-Line Design Thinking (one-day course #3B)
David demystifies the complete design-thinking path to developing a plan to save money, lower stress, save time, while yielding lasting outcomes for profits, people, planet, … and culture!
- Writing For the Web With Accessibility in Mind (course #13)
Learn how to write, edit, and adapt pages and documents in a way that satisfies universal design principles, regulations, and style guides.
Our courses and learning guides combine to contain everything you need to know in order to pass the IAAP CPACC and WAS certification examinations.
…or these other topics, on request:
- Designing With a Purpose: The Role of Strategy in The Creative Process (keynote)
David will show you his 10-step process to include strategy in every process, helping you get better outcomes for you and your client every time, through strategic design.
- Real-Time Ethics: Prospering through Principles (workshop)
Workshop on how to solve everyday ethical dillemas in professional life by remaining in alignment with yourself, and focussed on your values.
- Certification (Accreditation) And Professional Codes of Conduct for Designers (keynote lecture)
Lecture describing the benefits and challenges of government certification for graphic designers.
- Greener Meetings: Professional Climate Change (keynote lecture)
Learn how and why to start designing greener events: it will save money, help heal the planet, and it’s easier than you think.
- Getting it Right the First Time: Proofreading and Content Quality Control (one-day course #7)
Gain a strong fundamental understanding of the value, principles and techniques of creating and maintaining accurate and consistent content quality control for Internet and print publishing.
- Principles of Graphic Design and Typography (one-day course #6) Course on how to influence your audiences on all channels, using excellent graphic design and the latest technologies.
- Seven Habits of Highly Profitable Design Firms (keynote lecture or course)
Learn how to implement the seven powerful techniques that distinguish the agencies that run profitable, smoothly, and energetically year-over-year.
- Deep Dive for Web teams
Go beyond the basics with this in-depth, hands-on course designed specifically for participants who are “in the trenches” with web technologies.
- WCAG 2 for Word: accessible documents for Writers, editors, translators
An accessible document is one that allows people living with accessibility issues receive the same information as everyone else. From captions to keyboard navigation, document accessibility includes topics as varied as the human senses.
- How to audit: accessible QA for sites, apps, and documents for QA Teams (and dev teams with no dedicated QA team) Go beyond the basics with this in-depth, hands-on course designed specifically for Quality Assurance teams who are “in the trenches” auditing accessible technologies..
- Creating accessible presentations: from PowerPoint to PDF Writers, editors, and designers This course teaches PowerPoint users to succeed in effectively creating accessible presentation templates and presentations, taking the into account your relevant laws and regulations.
- Accessible spreadsheets An accessible spreadsheet is one that allows people living with accessibility issues receive the same information as everyone else. From accessible headings to keyboard navigation, spreadsheet accessibility includes topics as varied as the human senses.
- Creating accessible forms: AcroForms and Adobe LiveCycle Designer Go beyond the basics of PDF with this in-depth, hands-on course designed specifically for participants who need to create accessible, fillable PDF forms.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro for beginners (one-day) (customized for your group… or one-on-one coaching)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro for intermediate (two-day) (customized for your group… or one-on-one coaching)
- Adobe InDesign for beginners (one-day) (customized for your group… or one-on-one coaching)
- Adobe InDesign for intermediate (two-day) (customized for your group… or one-on-one coaching)
Reviewed December 13, 2015