|September 30, 2007 (tentative)
|Westin Hotel, Ottawa, ON
|April 25, 2007
|Festival Internacional de la Imagen 2007Universidad de Caldas
|February 9, 20067
|Promotional Products Association of Canada
|Wed-Thu October 6-7, 2004
|Virginia Commonwealth University
|June 26, 2004
|February 24, 2004
|Tasmeem Doha 2004
This event qualifies for MAS and CAS credits under the Master & Certified Advertising Specialist Program. For details, please contact the Promotional Production Association of Canada: www.promocan.com
*All prices, offerings, and dates subject to change without notice. Some discounts may be available: please ask.
To register for a course given by our own organization, register online or call (613) 728-6777.
“The interactive aspect and the entertainment style of the lecture made the whole workshop seem short.”
– Seminar attendee, Denmark
Can I be socially responsible and still earn a living? Can I work in my industry and still be true to my ethics? Can I say no to a assignment I don’t believe in without losing a job? Yes, yes, and yes!
The true measure of our commitment to ethics as professionals is not in lofty ideals, but in the choices we make every day in our work. The good news is that these dilemmas have answers: choices that aren’t just good for your principles, but are also good for your customers… and your career. Attend this event if you are challenged with the kind of tough situations professionals are confronted with day-to-day. Learn refreshing approaches, in a forum that is fun and thought-provoking, to a professionalism that will have you sleeping well every night.
“The distinction between moral and ethical judgments will definitely benefit me.”
– Jonathan Lee, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
Benefits to Attendees:
– learn how responsible behaviour and principles can be practically applied in situations that arise every day
– strengthen alignment between personal values and work values
– appreciate and enjoy more highly where you work, what you do, and how your actions make a difference as part of something greater
– enjoy a challenging and educational event that takes you out of your usual view of your work
Benefits to organizations:
– find common ground
– increase work effectiveness, by energizing individual and group staff commitment to shared values and principles
– strengthen uniqueness by identifying how corporate commitments to social responsibility and ethics are valued by customers
– enhance recruitment and retention of the best, by helping discover alignment between personal and organizational missions
– an opportunity for your group to spend time together in a challenging and exciting activity, that honours their individuality and passions
Benefits to the World:
– more people doing good for the world every day in their professional work
Duration: Depending upon host preference, 1 to 2.5 hours
Prerequisites: None. The presentation will be tailored to fit the audience: it has been enthusiastically received by designers, salespeople, communications professionals, students, and lay audiences.
About the Expert Speaker
David Berman is the principal of David Berman Communications in Ottawa, Canada. He has over 20 years of experience in design and strategic communications. In addition to operating as one of the leading design strategists in Canada’s capital, in recent years he has also recommitted his career toward sharing his knowledge and unique talent as a manager through professional development courses for creative organizations. David is the Ethics chair of the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada, and was named a Fellow by the Society in 1999. He is also a vice-president of Icograda, the World body for graphic design. David is a National Professional Member of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (CAPS) and of the Global Speakers Federation. David has been featured in the Financial Post, Marketing, and Applied Arts magazines.
“Very inspiring … and a lot of humour – Perfect! “
– Christian Grossen Rasmussen, Denmark
“Keep up the good work – you’re inspiring.”
– Steven Levanson, Danish Refugee Council
RESOURCES FOR HOSTS
To be notified of future public ins
tances of this event, subscribe to our Events E-newsletter.
Reviewed December 27, 2011